CST 338 – Software Design –Wk04 Learning Journal: Markov Code Review

Who did you work with?

I worked with Kelia Smith.

What was your strategy for solving the Markov assignment?

My strategy to solve Markov was to thoroughly read the prompt first. After reading, I began by entering the fields. I then added the stubs for the methods so I can get a good idea of what I needed to do. Then I finally got down to coding while keeping the prompt open for clarification. After implementing all methods I ran the test file and revised any areas where the tests failed. I was not able to complete Markov as intended.

What was THEIR strategy for solving the Markov assignment?

Lia’s strategy is also to read the prompt thoroughly. She then creates a list of tasks she needs to do for the project. For Markov, she added the fields and method stubs. She then followed along with the prompt to implement each method one by one. She then ran the test file to check for errors indicated by the tests that were failing. She continued revising her code until everything became functional.

How would you change your strategy having worked on the assignment?

I believe that going forward I would like to keep my current strategy and add Lia’s strategy of making a to-do list of tasks for the project. This will allow me to keep track of what is pending as well as catch anything I have missed. I would also need to adjust how early I start to code. If I start as early as possible, I can get help from our TA or our professor if I get stuck on a particular problem.

According to your classmate(s): how well does your code follow the Google Java Style?

According to my classmate, after going through my code, she could not explicitly see any areas of the style guide I may not have followed. I had the correct import statements, naming conventions of variables, whitespace usage, and have correctly utilized block comments throughout my code.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog