CST 338 – Software Design –Wk03 Learning Journal: Jotto Code Review

1.      Who did you work with?

I worked with Kelia Smith.

2.      Summarize the feedback you received about your code.

The feedback I received was mostly about using formatting with my print statements instead of using println. I also received some constructive feedback for showPlayerGuesses() method to handle all cases in the prompt. Lastly, I should add some comments throughout my code to make it easier to see the process I’m trying to implement. 

3.      What improvements would you make to your code/what was suggested?

I would like to use a string builder for showWordList(), showPlayerGuesses(), and do proper formatting for playerGuessScore(). I would also like to add some comments inside the methods to clarify the statements.

4.      Which unit tests were the hardest to pass?

I was not able to pass showWordList() because I needed to use a String Builder and getLetterCount() because I could not figure out the logic.

5.      How do the existing tests function and could they be improved?

1.      Do the existing unit tests cover the full range of Jotto functionality?

No, the existing test did not cover the full range of Jotto functionality.

2.      How would you change the unit tests?

I would have implemented a test for updateWordList() by adding a few words to the wordList  and send it to updateWordList() and compare the previous wordList with the returned wordList. For playerGuessScores() I would give it a new score and guess and compare the output with the correct output.

6.      What did you struggle with?

What I struggled with the most was time. I feel like I spend a lot of time researching because my programming skills are fairly basic. I did not complete the assignment as intended but I probably spent more time on it than most of the class.

7.      What did one of your teammate struggle with?

Lia struggled with getLetterCount() and the double letter issue. She also struggled with showPlayerGuesses() because she was prompting the user to “press enter to continue” im that method instead of the play method.

8.      What are you most proud of on your submission for Jotto?

What I am most proud of from my submission of Jotto is that I worked on it until the very end. I tried to make it work and did not give up until it was time to submit it. I’m also proud that I was able to run the test and run the Jotto driver even though the output was not as expected.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog